Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our new patient coordinator via email, or set up a FREE discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
How can I make an appointment?
Scheduling & Cancellations
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
It is important to note the following however:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network physician as Healthy Life Doctors is not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center or call 911.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
The cost of any services provided by Healthy Life Doctors will be billed to you directly.
Some medical expenses, such as lab tests, may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan, per that plan’s rules. But, the fee of the tests may not be cost effective if you have a high deductible, or if your insurance company does not cover the requested labs. Healthy Life Doctors is a member of a physician’s co-op who has negotiated deep discounts with LabCorp and Quest laboratories. We can assist you in utilizing this service. We have found that many insurance companies cover only a portion of the requested labs, resulting in higher “out of pocket” expenses to you, the patient. In this case, the co-op would definitely the best choice.
Healthy Life Doctors will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. Also, there may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered, depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- At your direction, lab tests ordered will be billed directly to your insurance by LabCorp or Quest.
- Medicare does not cover any functional lab testing.
- Functional lab tests we utilize, as part of our functional medicine testing program, are usually not covered by insurance and therefore you will be responsible for payment.
- The specific tests ordered will be based on your initial evaluation and previous lab testing, provided it is recent. These tests may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing, we will make that recommendation. If referral to a specialist is indicated , we will make the appropriate referral.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you or picked up at the clinic, you will be charged the day the kit is picked up or mailed.
- We offer affordable package pricing for lab testing and all of our programs not covered by insurance.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
We are offering a peripheral neuropathy consultation, including a thermal scan, to visualize the damage. (See the disease for the first time!)" Get Your Freedom Back~Follow the Link Below.